List:       linuxap-dev
Subject:    [LinuxAP-dev] PCMCIA Madness
From:       Keith E Smith <keith () ksmith ! com>
Date:       2003-01-23 15:36:29

I just figured something out that has been plaguing me, so this is an FYI:

This may be a duh!

When using the SRAM card as the boot device it is imperative that you do
not run any card services once the box is running.  I think this makes
the pcmcia-cs driver modules the obvious choice so that one doesn't have
to compile multiple kernels for sram & flash.

If the pcmcia modules are loaded future (uncached) reads to the cramfs
filesystem on the SRAM barf.  Flushing cache will then make other stuff
barf and the whole thing croaks.

I should have a release out by early Feb.  Nothing much new, just the
new layout and newer utilities, I hope to get some of the scripting
cleaned up and work a little more on more comples configuration.

--
Keith Smith                 keith@ksmith.com
655 W Fremont Dr