List:       linuxap-dev
Subject:    Re: [LinuxAP-dev] Re: http scripts
From:       "Glenn Engel at Home" <glenne () engel ! org>
Date:       2003-01-10 16:38:38

Note that you can use the shell substitution syntax to do this if items
are delimited by a character not contained within one of the arguments.

${list#* }  #remove thru first space

repeat the above n times and then remove trailing items with
${list%% *}

Make this a function and no sub-shells needed either.

Keith E Smith said:

Glenn