List:       linux1394-user
Subject:    Re: ohci1394: unrecoverable error
From:       Bill Fink <billfink () mindspring ! com>
Date:       2007-04-26 6:06:16

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 23:21:51 -0700, Dan Dennedy wrote:

> On Sunday 08 April 2007 21:21, Bill Fink wrote:
> > I thought I'd also mention that besides dvgrab 1.2 and 2.1, there's a
> > dvgrab 1.8 that's the latest in the 1.x series.  I don't know if there
> > are any performance differences between dvgrab 1.2 and 1.8, but it
> > might be worth checking out.  I do think dvgrab 1.8 uses dv1394 by
> > default.
>
> Hey guys. I was trudging through some unread email in my linux1394 folder and
> just came across this. Sometimes I do not keep up with linux1394 mailing list
> activity, and it would have been more expeditious to cc me. Anyways, I want
> to point out that dvgrab 1.8 does not use dv1394 by default. Every version of
> dvgrab supporting dv1394 required the --dv1394 option. Also, '--buffers 500'
> (or something greater than the default) might help. Definitely, '--format
> raw' is least CPU intensive format.

Sorry about that.  Didn't mean to spread misinformation.  I must have
misread the dvgrab 1.8 source code (I only did a quick skim of the code
before making my post).

I had suggested previously using the "--format raw" option and then
doing some postprocessing if the CPU power was right on the edge.
Didn't know about the "--buffers" option though, so that's an additional
useful tidbit.

						-Bill