List:       linux1394-user
Subject:    Re: Where to find eth1394 driver?
From:       Stefan Richter <stefanr () s5r6 ! in-berlin ! de>
Date:       2007-04-19 11:18:12

On 2007-04-17, Mark Reed wrote:
> I have a SLED 10 system with kernel 2.6.16.  It has ieee1394 and
> ohci1394 but no eth1394, neither compiled in nor as an installable
> module.  Short of building my own kernel, any suggestions for
> getting that driver?  Seems like I should be able to download a
> binary of the module itself...

In general, kernel modules have to be built with the same compiler from
the same sources with the same configuration options as the kernel image
itself.  Therefore only whoever built the kernel --- or somebody who can
reproduce the build --- is able to provide you with additional binary
modules.
--
Stefan Richter