List:       linux1394-user
Subject:    Re: Incorrect Drive Size
From:       Stefan Richter <stefanr () s5r6 ! in-berlin ! de>
Date:       2007-04-05 6:35:00

Paul Servant wrote:
> The drive sits in an ADS Tech DLX185 enclosure and according the the FAQ
> on the website the enclosure doesn't limit the size of a drive.
>
> I'm going to try a new firewire card tomorrow to see if that makes a
> difference.

It won't. It's a problem with the bridge chip (IDE controller) in the
ADS enclosure. Either a firmware update or a kernel update _may_ make a
difference.

Or you could ask the vendor of the Seagate HDD for a replacement from a
different brand. I have read before that some IDE controllers have
problems with certain HDD brands but not with others.
--
Stefan Richter