List:       linux1394-user
Subject:    linux kernel panic when ejecting ipod
From:       Andrew de Quincey <adq_dvb () lidskialf ! net>
Date:       2005-12-06 12:01:43

Hi, I'm using linux kernel 2.6.14 with an generation 1 ipod connected via
ieee1394/sbp2.

I can mount/unmount it and use it fine. It even works with HAL now.

The problem comes when I want to remove it. If I do:

eject /dev/sdb

The kernel panics with the following error:
Kernel panic - not syncing: PCI-DMA: high address but no IOMMU

I'm using an nforce 4 motherboard (Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe). The ipod is attached
to the ieee1394 port on a creative labs Audigy2 sound card (uses OHCI-1394).

I do _not_ have "Enable Phys DMA support for SBP2 (Debug)" enabled if thats
any help.