List:       linux1394-user
Subject:    Re: 1394b and linux
From:       Stefan Richter <stefanr () s5r6 ! in-berlin ! de>
Date:       2005-01-21 18:33:38

Peter Fortuin wrote:
> How good (or bad) is the 1394b support under linux?

As far as I have read here, it is exactly as good as 1394(a) support.
This also means that you should not rely on it for critical tasks yet.

> Who was something with 1394b working?

I do not. There are much less users of 1394b products than of 1394(a)
ones (for a single, obvious reason...).

> And does that work with more than 400 Mbit?

It works with whatever speed your hardware supports.

> I want to know everything about 1394b and linux support.

The utility gscanbus is still on IEEE 1394-1995 level, but this is
unrelated to the kernel. Note that the IEEE 1394b amendment changed
nearly nothing at the software side compared to 1394a.
--
Stefan Richter