List:       linux1394-user
Subject:    2.6.0 SBP2 problems
From:       Jurgen Kramer <gtm.kramer () inter ! nl ! net>
Date:       2003-12-28 18:16:10

Hi,

With 2.6.0 I have a problem with one of my Firewire enclosures. I can
not get the SBP-2 module to properly log in to the device. It always
fails with 'ieee1394: sbp2: Error logging into SBP-2 device - login
timed-out' messsages. Under 2.4 this enclosure works like a charm, and
if I remember correctly it even worked with older 2.5/2.6.0-test
releases.

I have to FW controllers, one is a onboard VIA, the other a Soundblaster
Audigy based controller. Switching the cables between the working and
not working enclosure doesn't help and switch from SMP to UP doesn't
help either. I have tried compiling the SBP-2 module with debugging but
this no longer works.

Any thoughts?

Jurgen

My setup:

VIA FW->Oxford FW-IDE bridge->Plextor IDE CDRW - doesnt' work
Audigy FW->Oxford FW-IDE bridge-Iomega MO - works

When I switch the MO to the VIA onboard FW it also works like a charm.