List:       linux1394-user
Subject:    unsupported OHCI
From:       "Michael A. Peters" <mpeters () mac ! com>
Date:       2003-02-24 1:41:17

I know that in the past, my FireWire adapter (on the board, nforce2
based a7n8x deluxe) is properly detected but not supported yet in Linux.

I'm trying to search the archives to see if the problem has been
resolved, but the archive server is repeatedly timing out :(

Does anyone have any information as to what progress has been made (if
any) on support for my adapter?

I'm using a 2.4.21pre4 kernel w/ Red Hat 8
The adapter is seen as OHCI but that's as far as it ever gets to
actually doing anything.

The module it is using is ohci1394
I believe this is the relevent info from lspci:
00:0d.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): nVidia Corporation: Unknown device 006e
(rev a3)

/proc/bus/ieee1394/devices exists but is empty.
my libraw1394 is whatever red hat 8 has (rpm -qf
/etc/makedev.d/libraw1394 attributes it to the MAKEDEV rpm and as such,
I'm not sure of the version)

-=-
Worst case scenario - I'll end up stealing the PCI FireWire card from my
Beige G3 (or buy a new one) but I'd like to use the onboard controller
if possible. I basically just want to add a hard drive or two, and don't
want to pay for SCSI.

--
Michael A. Peters <mpeters@mac.com>