List:       linux1394-user
Subject:    Re: 1394b
From:       Mark Knecht <markknecht () attbi ! com>
Date:       2003-01-12 14:48:20

PCI-X devices, according to the PCI-X spec, support PCI when plugged
into a PCI bus. I was part of the PCI-X committee that first defined
this feature. It's required, not optional.

On the other hand, who knows if a specific PCI-X card has been tested in
a PCI system. Try to get a little into before purchasing, but if you
can't you'll still have a chance.