List:       linux1394-devel
Subject:    Re: OHCI GUIDs via module parameters
From:       Stephan Gatzka <stephan () gatzka ! org>
Date:       2012-08-01 17:48:33

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hello Clemens,

many thanks for your comments, that pushed me into a good direction.
>> To get the GUIDs into the OHCI we patched the OHCI driver to support
>> a module parameter with a list of GUIDs to use.
>
> There's nothing about this in the OHCI spec; this is very hardware
> dependent and won't work with other controller chips.  (Out of
> curiousity: which controller are you using?)

Mainly TI TSB82AA2B.

> The only requirement for this function is that it is done before the
> actual driver initialization, so it doesn't need to be in the OHCI
> driver itself.

Yep, and that is exactly how I will to it. Just before loading the ohci
driver we initialize the GUIDlo and GUIDHi registers. This could easily
done using /sys/devices/pcixxxx:xx/xxxx:xx:xx.x/resource0

So a small user space program is all I need and no change in the ohci
driver is required.

Thanks again for the hint.

Regards,

Stephan

["smime.p7s" (application/pkcs7-signature)]