List:       linux1394-devel
Subject:    Re: lockdep false positive? -- firewire-core transaction timer vs.
From:       Stefan Richter <stefanr () s5r6 ! in-berlin ! de>
Date:       2010-08-18 13:17:43

Stefan Richter wrote:
> Johannes Berg wrote:
>> I'm convinced it's a false positive though, question is how to shut it
>> up :-)
>
> Is there anyway to differentiate the lockdep naming of shost->host_lock
> (initialized in scsi_host_alloc) at runtime by means of the
> scsi_host_template instance given to scsi_host_alloc?

So, even though the part of the lockdep report about nesting with a SCSI
host lock was a false positive, it did motivate Clemens' del_timer_sync
-> del_timer replacement, so it was helpful after all.  I guess there is
no immediate need anymore to do something about the conflation of
shost->host_lock instances.
--
Stefan Richter