List:       linux1394-devel
Subject:    Re: Split_Timeout, "unsolicited response", and RAID enclosures
From:       Stefan Richter <stefanr () s5r6 ! in-berlin ! de>
Date:       2010-08-13 15:58:58

Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> Stefan Richter wrote:
>> [...]  I suspect it cannot hurt to treat RCODE_CANCELLED just like
>> RCODE_COMPLETE in case of ORB_Pointer writes
>
> To check whether the cancelled write actually succeeded, couldn't
> firewire-sbp2 just read ORB_Pointer?  I.e., is the ORB address
> guaranteed to be different from the last one?

It probably is different, but does not have to.  Besides, a) this is
atomic context we are speaking about here which makes state tracking a
little bit less easy, b) a read request right after a canceled write
transaction will certainly also be canceled, likely for the same reason
for which the previous transaction was canceled --- whatever reason that
was.
--
Stefan Richter