List:       linux1394-devel
Subject:    Re: Interrupt sharing causing I/O errors when writing to Firewire IDE
From:       Jonathan Buzzard <jonathan () buzzard ! me ! uk>
Date:       2003-10-22 12:04:57

justin@street-vision.com said:
> Sounds like your sbp2 adaptor may not have support for LBA48. Was it
> sold with a 250GB drive?

No it does, it is a Lacie d2 thingy specifically sold with a 250GB
drive in it.

> Otherwise try a sensible filesystem, like ext2 and see if that works -
> I am not sure FAT works on very large partitions. But it sounds like
> the symptoms of LBA48 not being there.

Not really, because it is fine under Windows 2000. FAT may indeed not
work well on very large partitions, but this drive needs to be
shared between Linux and Windows so my hands are somewhat tied.

JAB.

Northumberland, United Kingdom.       Tel: +44 1661-832195