List:       linux-xfs
Subject:    Re: CVS
From:       Eric Sandeen <sandeen () sgi ! com>
Date:       2001-07-06 20:38:59

Bas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using XFS for a couple of months now and have had no real problems yet
> so, it rocks.
>
> I was wondering if it's possible to add another CVS tree, right now I've
> only got 2 options: an old kernel or a pre kernel (right ?). The other tree
> I would like to see is current kernel with enhancements.

There has been some discussion on this... perhaps we can see what our
users want.

What I'm planning on doing is taking our 1.0.1 tree (which will be
exported via CVS soon), and keep it up to date with "official" Linus
kernels, i.e. 2.4.6, 2.4.7, 2.4.8 etc - until 1.0.2 comes out, which
will then begin tracking 2.4.9, 2.4.10 (for example).  And generate
patches along the way (no RPMs for this, probably, too much work...)

That way, people who don't necessarily want to track XFS development can
still have stable XFS for the latest "Linus" kernel, and those who want
to live on the edge can be swept along with the -preX kernels in the
devel tree.

-Eric