List:       linux-xfs
Subject:    Re: Integration of XFS into Linux source/major dists?
From:       Daniel Stone <daniel () sfarc ! net>
Date:       2001-06-26 12:51:40

On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 07:07:34AM -0400, Mike Burger wrote:
> They're plans are exactly what the Red Hat source said...they're working
> toward getting their code approved, for inclusion, by Linus Torvalds.
> Not much winds up in a distribution level kernel unless it's already been
> approved by Linus.

Um, you haven't actually seen this for yourself, have you? Not much goes
into Debian (most that does is stuff that's already in the latest -pre, just
backported by Xu), but RedHat is absolutely amazing. Download their kernel
source one time, at one stage they had over 200 individual patches in. It's
like all of their packages, they have stacks of patches that generally break
stuff, and that they never submit upstream anyway.</rant>

--
Daniel Stone						     <daniel@sfarc.net>
<Nuke> "can NE1 help me aim nuclear weaponz????? /MSG ME!!"