List:       linux-xfs
Subject:    masochism (software RAID5 XFS root)
From:       Benjamin Reed <ranger () befunk ! com>
Date:       2001-05-12 3:48:50

I'm attempting to do a software RAID bootstrap with redhat 7.1 and a
custom-compiled (from CVS, as of about 20 minutes ago) kernel.

it is on a software raid5 root, formatted XFS, and it refuses to boot.  :(

I get:

EXT2-fs: unable to read superblock
XFS: SB read failed

...so before I try to go any further, is this even possible?  Or is it not
supported...

--
Ben Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick (ranger@befunk.com)
http://defiance.dyndns.org/ / http://radio.scenespot.org/