List:       linux-xfs
Subject:    Re: XFS ready for primte time?
From:       Juan Casero <casero () bellsouth ! net>
Date:       2001-02-27 4:04:48

Ok.  Thanks for the info.  I use XFS on my home systems (I got a home LAN
with some NFS mounting and a IP masquerading to the internet through a
xDSL modem) and it has worked exceedingly well so far.  For workstation use
I will go with XFS from here on out.  I will take your advice and set up some non
essential systems in the office with different file systems and give them each
a try.  I used ReiserFS briefly some months ago and while it seemed ok
I was not terribly excited about it.  At the time it was hard to find ReiserFS
patches for the curent releases of the linux kernel so I finally just gave up
on ReiserFS and moved back to ext2.   This list and the active development
of XFS are what convinced me to try a JFS again.  So far I am very satisfied
with XFS.

Thanks for the info.

Juan.

--