List:       linux-xfs
Subject:    Re: typo & question
From:       Thomas Graichen <news-innominate.list.sgi.xfs () innominate ! de>
Date:       2001-02-26 19:01:13

Russell Cattelan <cattelan@thebarn.com> wrote:
> Thomas Graichen wrote:

>> first:
>>   there's a small typo in linux/Documentation/filesystems/xfs.txt
>>   logbufsize=value should be logbsize=value
>>
>> second:
>>
>>   is the kiocluster option also honoured for an XFS root fs?
>>   i ask because at least the message "XFS (dev: x/y) mounting
>>   with kiobuf I/O" is not printed for the rootfs mount - haven't
>>   looked at the code yet - but maybe someone can say something
>>   about this off mind
>>

> Hmm good question.
> Obviously the initial mount of the root fs does not use kio option.
> Doing a mount -o remount ,kio should enable kio buf io on any already
> mounted fs,
> with hopefully no ill affects.

> The next question I guess would be; is kio bufs used when the flag  added
> to the
> fstab entry.... don't know... will have to try it.

at least it says so:

graichen@orange ~ % mount | grep xfs
/dev/.../part3 on / type xfs (rw,kiocluster,logbufs=4,logbsize=32768)
/dev/.../part6 on /data type xfs (rw,kiocluster,logbufs=4,logbsize=32768)
graichen@orange ~ %

but what really happens? i don't know - this is at least
what comes out of the entries in fstab

p.s.: and don't forget my typo :-)

--
thomas.graichen@innominate.com