List:       linux-xfs
Subject:    Re: compile errors
From:       suzukis () file ! phys ! tohoku ! ac ! jp
Date:       2000-04-27 12:36:26

> I have gcc version 2.7.2.3. Do I  need to upgrade?

Yes, it's a bit too old to try SGI Linux kernel source.
Please try egcs-1.1.2. egcs-1.0.x can compile too,
but I recommend egcs-1.1.2.

# It was the first question of me when I got the source :-).

It's not impossible to compile by older gcc by some
modification of Makefile, I suppose. But, it's difficult
to know whether the problems comes from old gcc or kernel
source itself, so building the kernel by old gcc will
bring you to the world with small number of people...

suzuki