List:       linux-xfs
Subject:    Why does fsck.xfs not do what xfs_repair -n does?
From:       Marcel Partap <mpartap () gmx ! net>
Date:       2017-02-24 20:49:17

Dear XFS dev crew,
> fsck.xfs(8)
> fsck.xfs - do nothing, successfully
> If you wish to check the consistency of an XFS filesystem, or repair a damaged or \
> corrupt XFS filesystem, see xfs_repair(8).

So there's a FS check command that does not work as with all the other filesystems. \
Instead of checking the FS, it tells you to use xfs_repair both for - XFS repair.. \
and XFS check. Whereas in the man page of
> xfs_repair - repair an XFS filesystem
it doesn't tell you right at the top that xfs_repair can check XFS. Instead
> *       -n     No modify mode. Specifies that xfs_repair should […]  *scan  the  \
> filesystem*

Is this imperative? It does not make any sense to me apart from the quirk.

#Best Regards!MPartap