List:       linux-xfs
Subject:    Re: bug in fs/xfs/xfs_aops.c:959! (kernel 3.1.5)
From:       Jeremy Sanders <jeremy () jeremysanders ! net>
Date:       2011-12-29 11:07:17

On 28/12/11 17:16, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> Something must have set the page dirty without going through the normal
> XFS codepath.  Did you use any interesting virtualization things, or
> utrace / systemtap or anything odd?

This is plain hardware running a Fedora 16 standard x86-64 kernel. The
hardware has been fine running F14 a long time for a few years, though I
got the same error when I tried to run a rebuilt F15 kernel on F14
(2.6.38.8). See http://oss.sgi.com/archives/xfs/2011-07/msg00310.html

The problem happened very soon on upgrading from F14->F16.

Jeremy