List:       linux-xfs
Subject:    Re: Anyone using XFS in production on > 20TiB volumes?
From:       Stan Hoeppner <stan () hardwarefreak ! com>
Date:       2010-12-24 1:01:18

Justin Piszcz put forth on 12/23/2010 1:29 PM:

> Please check the updated page:
> http://home.comcast.net/~jpiszcz/20101223/final.html
>
> Using a partition shows a slight degredation in the re-write speed but
> an increase in performance for sequential output and input with the mode
> set to perform.  Looks like this is what I will be using as it is the
> fastest
> speeds overall except for the rewrite.

If your primary workloads for this array are mostly single user/thread
streaming writes/reads then this may be fine.  If they are multi-user or
multi-threaded random re-write server loads, re-write is the most
important metric and you should optimize for that scenario alone, as its
performance is most dramatically impacted by parity RAID schemes such as
RAID 6.

--
Stan