List:       linux-xfs
Subject:    XFS maintainership...
From:       Chris Wedgwood <cw () f00f ! org>
Date:       2009-01-14 17:57:30

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 04:50:50PM +1100, Dave Chinner wrote:

> PS: I did say I was going to make myself unpopular :/

It depends with who.

As a Linux XFS user for what must be the best part of a decade now,
quite some time before it was merged --- I don't recall exactly when;
I've been happy with it, it's had a lot of good people behind it and
many incremental improvements and fixes.

I'd like to see that continue.  I'd really like to see:

 - the list move to vger' (please)

 - the maintainer-ship move to yourself and Christoph (if either or
   both of you are willing)

 - things to continue more or less as they have over the last 12-24
   months (or better, but not worse)

For various uses right now there is no viable stable alternative to
XFS.  It would be a shame to let XFS rot and degrade given the now
fairly large user base.  Most of which are probably completely unheard
of.