List:       linux-xfs
Subject:    Re: need help to repair XFS partition
From:       "Gergely Soos" <sogerc1 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-01-06 22:31:42

Eric,
your intuition was absolutely correct. The starting point of my partition
was moved only not up but down 63 sectors (63*512 bytes)
It all makes sense, the whole partition grew 63*512 bytes = 0x7E (126)
inodes that is why I found the root inode on inode 0xFE instead of 0x80.
Now the question remains how the hell should I move it back??
And what kind of an idiot program moves the partition table without any
confirmation? That would kill any filesystem.

Gergely

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 11:54 PM, Eric Sandeen <sandeen@sandeen.net> wrote:

> Gergely Soos wrote:
> > That is a good idea, I'm gonna search for the XFSB on the entire disk.
> > I will also give PhotoRec a try if nothing else works.
> > In the meantime, Eric, you can download the metadata from here:
> > http://bluepantherit.net/metadump.bz2
> > It would be real nice from you if you would take a closer look.
> >
> > And one more thing, xfs_check -s /dev/hdd1 prints the following:
> > can't seek in filesystem at bb 58701991023656163
> > can't read agfl block for ag 4082146910
> > can't seek in filesystem at bb 58702015871605112
>
> ... it's basically reading garbage as block numbers, but they are well
> past the end of the device, so failing.
>
> Very confused, it is.  :)
>
> -Eric

[[HTML alternate version deleted]]