List:       linux-xfs
Subject:    Re: massively truncated files with XFS with sudden power loss on
From:       Chris Wedgwood <cw () f00f ! org>
Date:       2008-12-30 0:14:25

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 01:08:53PM -0600, Eric Sandeen wrote:

> It is certainly at least possible that whatever is writing the KDE
> files is not following good practices for data integrity... I can't
> say that for sure, but apps have responsibility here, too.  :)

BTW, it's not just KDE that does this.  A lot of apps that IMO should
be more careful aren't.

For example apt/dpkg on debian.  It's possible if you lose
power/oops/whatever during upgrade you can eat those files and cause
much pain.

It's bad enough I started work on a replacement for these that uses
sqlite.