List:       linux-xfs
Subject:    Re: XFS crash on linux raid
From:       Chris Wedgwood <cw () f00f ! org>
Date:       2007-11-19 23:44:15

On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 07:10:32PM +0100, Alexander Bergolth wrote:

> Several months ago, you posted a patch for 8k stacks together with
> irqstacks:

I've posted it off and on for two or three years now --- quite a few
people are using it or the equivalent of it, but thus far people
resist merging this.

The other idea (also nixed) that I posed was to dosable XFS if people
are using 4KSTACKS

> Do you have a working version of your patch for 2.6.23?

No.  I can go digg out a 32-bit machine and retest though.

> I've been using a similar patch (attached) for several years now but
> since 2.6.23, it produces oopses like below. The patch applies
> cleanly but there seems to be some major change between 2.6.22 and
> 2.6.23 that isn't covered correctly.

I'll take a look.  Can you make sure it works with 8K stacks (more or
less works).