List:       linux-xfs
Subject:    Re: XFS crash on linux raid
From:       Emmanuel Florac <eflorac () intellique ! com>
Date:       2007-05-04 13:25:46

Le Fri, 4 May 2007 17:33:44 +1000
David Chinner <dgc@sgi.com> écrivait:

> Well, there's your problem. Stack overflows.  IMO, if you use a
> filesystem, you shouldn't use 4k stacks. ;)
>
> If you remake you kernel with 8k stacks then your problems will
> most likely go away.

Well, I've double-checked the asm-i386/module.h, and it actually looks
like 4K stacks is NOT the default, so I must be using 8K, isn't it?

I've ran the same test on the same machine but WITHOUT software raid-0
(so write barriers are in use), and all went well, more than 3TB
written without a glitch. I still think there's something related to
the write barriers here. I'll try with another RAID controller, Adaptec
for instance, to get sure the 3ware driver isn't involved. I'll also try
again with an amd64 kernel.

I'd really like to sort this out...