List:       linux-xfs
Subject:    Re: XFS "no space left" problem
From:       Bernd Schubert <bernd-schubert () gmx ! de>
Date:       2007-02-05 17:58:04

David Chinner wrote:

> Or get a 64bit machine and use inode64. ;)

David, can you tell more in detail what you mean with "use inode64"?

We also just migrated our server to xfs, the largest partition has a size of
4TB. Lets say in the future a problem occurs and we could solve this by a
64-bit system? Migrating to 64-bit wouldn't be difficult, since the server
systems are already opterons. Only since we never bothered to migrate the
installation to x86_64 its not 64-bit yet. Would we need to tell xfs
somehow that it update its internal values to 64-bit integers or will it do
that automatically?
Btw, if you need 64-bit integers, why don't you use long long, or even
better with C99 int64_t?

Thanks,
Bernd