List:       linux-xfs
Subject:    Re: Not strictly an XFS question
From:       Chris Wedgwood <cw () f00f ! org>
Date:       2003-06-17 12:48:19

On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 04:05:29PM +1000, Matthew Geier wrote:

> I've got a geforce video card and am running the Nvidia drivers, so
> I have a tainted kernel. At this point I think I'm stuck with it, as
> it works before the kernel is 'tainted' with the Nvidia display
> driver module...

The earlier nv drivers did nasty things but it seems to be mostly gone
now.  If you do have a problem as a result of the nv drivers (and they
are recent) then please report it to nvidia.

> So I know what is dying now, even if I can't fix it :-)

Maybe I missed something here, but what kernel gives you this problem?
I doubt it's related the the nv drivers at all and may have been fixed
in a more recent kernel.

  --cw