List:       linux-xfs
Subject:    Not strictly an XFS question
From:       Matthew Geier <matthew () arts ! usyd ! edu ! au>
Date:       2003-06-17 0:32:53

 Using XFS 2.4.21 cvs on a Athlon/Nforce2 PC, on an otherwise standard
RedHat 9 install. When I burn a CD, the system locks hard. Only signs of
life are blinking keyboard lights. Have to press reset. I can't seem to
find exactly what the blinking lights mean. I assume something really
BAD has happened to the kernel...

 Works with the standard RD kernel (but the HD doesn't run in the fasted
DMA mode it supports and firewire doesn't work at all).

 I don't actually have any XFS file systems on this box - the XFS/RH9
boot disk people have done won't boot on this machine. I do use XFS on
other boxen hence using the XFS kernel on this particular machine.