List:       linux-xfs
Subject:    Re: slow performance with 2.4.19 and debian (SOLUTION FOUND)
From:       "Corey G." <ctgaff () attbi ! com>
Date:       2002-09-29 6:48:09

After 17 hours and 10 or so compilations, I started to look
at the problem from another angle. Hard to believe, but
here is the solution to the problem.  Thanks to everyone who
thought it might be a DMA issue!!  I never would have guessed
that a system could be so slow without properly tuned drives.

hdparm -m 8 -d 1 -u 1 -c 1 /dev/hda

Best Regards,
Corey

O Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 09:18:01PM -0500, Eric Sandeen wrote:
> Hi Corey -
>
> Just off the top of my head, you could try the snapshot patch from:
>
> ftp://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/download/patches/weekly-snapshot-patch/
>
> and see if this is any better (it's more recent).  Maybe we'll get lucky...
>
> -Eric
>
> On Wed, 25 Sep 2002, Corey G. wrote:
>
> > The patch came from xfs.org site for 2.4.19:
> >
> > xfs-2.4.19-all-i386.bz2

---end quoted text---