List:       linux-wpan
Subject:    Re: 802.15.4g Support (again)
From:       Stefan Schmidt <stefan () osg ! samsung ! com>
Date:       2016-12-08 9:46:35

Hello.

On 08/12/16 10:09, Alan Egan wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> I did in the end, though it was something I was working on over the
> summer, and the work is being continued by the company I had a summer
> placement with. I'm afraid I don't know how much work is happening on
> it at the moment, or what timescales are for submission...

If you have any chance to reaching out to them I think it would be good
to let them now that say should talk to us about their work if they are
planning to submit it. :)

Working on something bigger internally for a long time without inout
from the people you want submit it to often results in frustration on
both sides ones the patches are getting posted and reviewed. I have seen
this often enough before. If they want to talk to us, we are here. :)

  From what I
> remember, the changes will be fairly wide-reaching - properly adding
> the channel selection support (even for a fraction of the supported
> 802.15.4g channels/modulation schemes) requires a lot of changes.

The more wide-reaching the changes are the more important is it to have
some discussions about it.

regards
Stefan Schmidt