List:       linux-wlan-user
Subject:    Re: [lwlan-user] Patched 0.2.7 fails to buildon SuSE10.1
From:       j debert <jdebert () garlic ! com>
Date:       2007-05-13 15:43:00

Solomon Peachy wrote:
> On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 03:27:55PM +0100, Richard Kennedy wrote:
>>> That said, the error you are reporting doesn't seem to make sense; the
>>> 'Module.symvers' file is created by the kernel build system as part of
>>> the kernel build.  Do you have it in /lib/modules/_kernelver_/build/  ?
>> We have to copy the Module.symvers from p80211 to get the prism2 driver
>> to build properly under the new kernel build system.
>
> In this case, p80211 was failing to build, apparently because the
> kernel-supplied Module.symvers was missing.

I'm away from that box at the moment but IIRC the kernel's version is
"Modules.symvers". A different name. I copied it over to p80211 but it still
failed. The copy was not there after the build failed.

Since trying to build 0.2.7 on that box the last update broke the usb system,
among other things. So I am presently in the process of moving everything over
to 10.2 and FC6. Having problems with that because 10.2 does not seem to like
seeing reiserfs on usb and freezes.

I'll try 0.2.7 or 0.2.8 on 10.2; their version seems to have a problem too,
which I have not had time to investigate--besides the missing pc card module.

--
jd
You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.