List:       linux-wlan-user
Subject:    [lwlan-user] do_ioctl of net_devce and .private entry point of
From:       <rasmit.ranjan () wipro ! com>
Date:       2006-12-26 11:44:47

--===============1440554240==

Hi,
 I have a doubt regarding the do_ioctl entry point of net_device structure and \
.private entry point of iw_handler_def structure. I went through the wireless drivers \
in Linux. Some of them have implemented do_ioctl entry point of net_device structure \
to define their private IOCTLS ( from SIOCIWFIRSTPRIV to SIOCIWFIRSTPRIV+31) where \
some drivers have used .private entry point of iw_handler_def structure for the same. \
So are these two interfaces for private IOCTLs same ?
Secondly private_args of iw_handler_def is for the arguments to the private handlers. \
Does that mean, if I use do_ioctl then I dont need to fill private_args of \
iw_handler_def ?
Please Suggest.

Regards,
Rasmit Ranjan Swain
Semicoductor and Consumer Electronics
Wipro Technologies,Pune.
Contact no# 09881403740

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this \
message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain \
proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended \
recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify \
the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.

WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check \
this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no \
www.wipro.com