List:       linux-wlan-user
Subject:    [lwlan-user] SuSE 8.2 and lwlan... general question...
From:       David Orriss Jr <dave () davenet ! net>
Date:       2003-04-29 14:55:55

Christian, et al.

Was the lwlan-wlan code made part of the SuSE 8.2 distro?  The reason I ask is
that with 8.1 I had a few problems with the installation of the lwlan
drivers.  I had to manually engage the card with a call to "/etc/init.d/wlan
start" and do my own "ifup wlan0" call.

But with 8.2, all of that went away.  I now plug in my card, and no sooner
than you can say 'presto' and it's connected and I'm online.. no muss, no
fuss.

Dunno what SuSE did to make 8.2 work this well, but I like it... ;)

--

David Orriss Jr
ICQ/AIM/MSN Id's available upon request