List:       linux-wlan-user
Subject:    Re: [lwlan-user] WPC11 / SuSE 8.0
From:       Dennis <dennis () hybridthinking ! com>
Date:       2002-05-31 19:29:23

Typically, this problem is a result of your PCMCIA system not setting up
the wireless card for networking.  To quickly get around this (until you
can get the card recognized by /etc/pcmcia/network.opts), you can
restart your networking, or simply ifup wlan0 manually.

I use a Orinoco on my other laptop, and it automatically is recognized
by the PCMCIA network configs.  The reason it is not auto-recognized by
linux-wlan is just an aesthetic one...  it could be fixed for the 'make
install', but people are probably too busy (or lazy, like me).

Hope this helps get you going!

~Dennis