List:       linux-wlan-user
Subject:    [lwlan-user] -pre4 mixed results
From:       Obino <graziano () cs ! ucsb ! edu>
Date:       2002-05-29 5:48:27

I think I need some help for my HP500. It uses a USB actiontec that
liked to freeze the machine with the -pre3. The -pre4 is definetely an
improvement: I used it at work (no WEP) and it has been working
flawlessy for the whole day.

At home I have a Linksys AP setup with WEP. I tried to configure the
actiontec with WEP but it locked hard my machine (not even a kernel
panic). I used the wlan.conf and after I started /etc/init.d/wlan the
last things I could see on the screen were:

hfa384x_dorrid: hfa384x_dorrid:ctlx failure=REQ_TIMEOUT
Failed to read wlan0 statistics: error=-5
	[ I think a couple of these with one ]
hfa384x_dorrid: hfa384x_dorrid:ctlx failure=RESP_TIMEOUT
	[ then 4-5 of ]
hfa384x_drvr_setconfig: Called from within soft interrupt context.
	[ and finally ]
hfa384x_drvr_txframe: hfa384x_drvr_txframe: submit_urb() failed, result=-22

and then I had to reboot the machine. Is there anything I can do to get
it going with both WEP and not-WEP?

thanks
graziano

PS I use a custom built 2.4.18 on a Debian/sid system with uhci compiled
as a module and prism2_doreset=1 as option.

--
| Graziano Obertelli    | CS Dept. Rm 2151         |