List:       linux-wlan-user
Subject:    [lwlan-user] My Atmel driver steps
From:       "Ron Sommers" <attx1ron () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2002-05-29 3:50:40

System is a homebuilt system.
abit kt7 800mhz using the uhci.o alternate (JE) hub module
usb adapter is the ipaq Hwn-200 ie WL-280

Slackware 8.0 updated to glibc 2.2.5 and latest core gnu tools except gcc it
is 2.95.3.

I built all applicable kernel stuff as a module.
Then I boot system. No inet is setup yet.

Then I startx as root and open up a xterm. Then plugin adapter to usb port.
Next are the commands.

modprobe uhci

modprobe vnetusb

ifconfig eth1 192.168.1.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 up

bring up ppp0

xvnet &
^^^^^^^(the X11 config tool) seems there is no way to automatically setup
adapter has to be configed each time.

In xvnet I change it to be ad-hoc and set the essid (I have not tried wep
much yet) and submit changes.
Once it has got the BSSID set and ready then I get my ipaq to associate. If
I can ping the ipaq I run my firewall script which sets up the masq and snat
to get outside of lan and access the net thru ppp0. The firewall script I
use is just a simple one from a old iptables site that seems to be gone. But
if needed can supply.

I don't have a site right now and dumped cable modem to use my msn isp
account I was paying for but never used for 2 years one year left. Best buy
deal hehe ok I'm a lamer :). Another bad effect of the MSN is no email
except thru a web based client like hotmail, and have to use konqueror to
fake out and report I'm on win98.
My old cable site still semms to be up will see if I can get access and put
some info up there. It is http://home.austin.rr.com/unlocked    no telling
how long it will be up. But still there after 2 months.

Ok enough rambling not subscribed but check the list often.

Ron