List:       linux-wlan-user
Subject:    [lwlan-user] [non-subscriber] wlan0 not showing up
From:       Tony Howlett <thowlett () netsecuritysvcs ! com>
Date:       2002-02-28 2:53:39

Hello everyone,

Im trying to get the wlan-ng drivers working but hitting a roadblock.  Im
using a Linksys USB wireless card on Mandrake 8.1.   I downloaded the
driver and built it no problem.  I can load the module.  However when i go
to inconfig the interface wlan0, its telling me cant find wlan0.  I looked
in /var/log/messages and on boot up, its doing the same thing,  it loads
the driver but then gets the "cant find device wlan0" several times.   Any
ideas anyone?

Thanks