List:       linux-wlan-user
Subject:    [lwlan-user] WEP in Ad-hoc mode with a Linksys WMP11
From:       Nikunj Bansal <nikunj () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-02-27 8:11:31

Hi all,

I am using the 0.1.13 wlan-ng driver with Mandrake 8.1
and a Linksys WMP11 card. Things work fine if I put it
in Infrastructure mode. Even the WEP works fine in
that mode. Then I had a brainwave. Since this PC has
an ethernet adapter too.. why dont I discard my
wireless access point and make this PC the access
point. So I try to put the card in Ad-hoc mode and try
to access it from my Win2K laptop. Voila it works. But
if I turn on WEP in the Ad-hoc mode, I cannot access
it from the same laptop. I have checked and rechecked
all the configs. The SSID is correct, the WEP keys are
same on both machines. It just does not receive any
data from the laptop.

Any idea if Ad-hoc mode with WEP can work? Am I
missing something?

Thanks
Nikunj.