List:       linux-wlan-user
Subject:    [lwlan-user]: PCI-PCMCIA Adapter that is known to work with linux-wlan-0.1.7?
From:       linux-wlan-user () absoval ! com (Ian Murdock)
Date:       2000-12-30 21:55:19

On Fri, Dec 29, 2000 at 05:30:13PM -0800, Robert J Berger wrote:
> So does anyone know of a PCI-PCMCIA adapter that works with a Prism2
> card and Linux-wlan-ng-0.1.7?  As per the previous email, it seems
> that linux-wlan-ng does not work with the adapters that make the
> PCMCIA card look like a PCI card such as the Linksys / Z-Com /
> Eumitcom PCI 9052 based adapters.

Hi,

I'm very interested in the answer to this question as well. I got
an SMC2602W 11Mbps Wireless PCI card at CompUSA the other day,
expecting that the PCI card was just a standard PCI-to-PCMCIA card
bundled with SMC's wireless PCMCIA card (SMC2632W).  On closer
examination, I found that it too uses the PLX PCI9052, and appears
to Linux as a single PCI device:

        01:0a.0 Network controller: Unknown device 1638:1100 (rev 02)

I found a Linux driver for this card on the SMC website, but it's just
a tarball of linux-wlan-ng 0.1.4, with no instructions on how to get
it to work. Anyway, I too would appreciate any tips on getting this to
work with linux-wlan-ng.

Thanks,

Ian Murdock <imurdock@progeny.com>