List:       linux-wlan-devel
Subject:    [lwlan-devel] genesis mode in card w/o flash
From:       Ashwin Chaugule <ashwinc () aftek ! com>
Date:       2005-01-01 2:32:01

Hi ,
        I have a card(engineering sample) which doesnt have a flash, so
I need to dwload the pri and sec firmwares into RAM everytime.
I have enabled this functionality in the linux-wlan-ng 0.2.0 driver.
I read in the change log of 0.2.1-pre22 that genesis mode is now
supported in the driver itself.

Now my doubt is, for my card , if I do a wlanctl-ng wlan0
p2req_ramdl_state =....  it wont work coz , I dont have an interface
wlan0 ! since there is no flash, hence no firmware on it.

Am I right ?
Regards,