List:       linux-wlan-devel
Subject:    Re: [lwlan-devel] error compiling linux-wlan-ng-0.2.1-pre18
From:       solomon () linux-wlan ! com
Date:       2004-02-10 18:37:25

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 12:22:24PM -0500, Pavel Roskin wrote:
> I'm sorry that such errors are reported incrementally, but it's
> unrealistic to expect contributors to make complete testing.  That's why
> CVS would be great.  Just ask users to test the CVS version after massive
> changes and before releases.  A release could be made 3 days after last
> critical error is reported.

Unfortunately my original plan of making a public mirror of the
linux-wlan-ng CVS repository won't happen -- there's some stuff in there
that I can't release.  A new CVS repository could be created, with
checkins mirrored over, or I could do something like release nightly
snapshot tarballs.

> P.S.  I also see following message in the kernel log:
> prism2_cs: no version for "p80211netdev_rx" found: kernel tainted.

First time I've seen this, odd.. almost like the p80211 symbol
versioning is failing.

> That's Linux 2.6.3-rc2 with CONFIG_MODVERSIONS enabled.  If I figure it
> out I'll post the fix separately.

 - Pizza
--
Solomon Peachy                        solomon@linux-wlan.com