List:       linux-wlan-devel
Subject:    Re: [lwlan-devel] Help! prism2_plx from linux-wlan-ng-0.2.1_pre16
From:       "Mark J. Bobak" <mark () bobak ! net>
Date:       2004-01-23 6:07:53

How do I determine the cause of the crash?  When this happens, my system
immediately locks up and stops responding.  There is no OOPS message or
anything else.

Also, is there any better way to trap all the info that alt-sysreq-p
shows me?  Is there other info from other alt-sysreq combos that I ought
to report?

I'd be happy to provide more info, but I need a little guidance.

Thanks,

-Mark

On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 10:08, solomon@linux-wlan.com wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 12:09:16AM -0500, Mark J. Bobak wrote:
> > More info:
> > When the system hung, I was able to get the following info:
> >
> > EIP: 0060 [<f291a7417>] CPU: 0
> > EIP is at .text.lock.prism2_plx+0x7e/0x16d
> > EFLAGS: 00000286 not tainted
> >
> > Call trace:
> > hfa384x_drvr_txframe
> > prism2sta_txframe
> > p80211knetdev_hard_start_xmit
> > qdisc_restart
> > dev_queue_xmit
> > arp_send
>
> This is interesting.  The rest of the crash dump would be useful though,
> including the actual cause of the crash (ie OOPS or BUG() call, or
> perhaps some condition that the kernel was watching for)
>
> > So, is this a known problem?  Does anyone have any
> > ideas/solutions/workarounds?
>
> No, it's the first I heard of it.  I thought the SMP problems were more
> or less taken care of now, but I was wrong.  I don't have any SMP boxes
> that I can afford to crash while testing the driver.  :)
>
>  - Pizza
Mark J. Bobak
Oracle DBA

"There are 10 types of people in the world:  those who understand
binary, and those who don't."