List:       linux-wlan-devel
Subject:    Re: [lwlan-devel] "Krap" during host authentication
From:       Solomon Peachy <solomon () linux-wlan ! com>
Date:       2003-03-20 19:07:16

On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 08:30:24PM -0500, Pavel Roskin wrote:
> I think another task queue is needed in addition to link_tq.

Yes and no -- the RightWay(tm) to do this is to move all of this stuff
into userspace -- instead indicate it out via wland, where a decision
would be made and then sent back up to the card.

I'm not sure what kind of timing constraints we're under, so this might
not work in practice, especially on underpowered hosts.

But barring all of that, I still want to gut the ACLs and whatnot
in the driver, as they leave a bitter taste in my mouth.   They're
vastly overcomplicated... and it needs to be shoved out of hard
interrupt context, in any case.

 - Pizza
--
Solomon Peachy                        solomon@linux-wlan.com