List:       linux-wlan-devel
Subject:    [lwlan-devel]: Problem changing mib values
From:       linux-wlan-devel () absoval ! com (Terry L !  Podwika)
Date:       2001-02-06 18:37:30

Hi,

I am trying to change several of the mib parameters and am having no
luck.  I am new to
device drivers and concerned that I'm missing something.  I wondered
if someone might be able to help.

I am currently using the Intersil eval board "Prism II Reference Design
HWB3163-EVAL"
with linux-wlan-ng_0.1.7.

I am trying to modify the MAC address and/or the Station ID.

I made the following changes to /etc/pcmcia/wlan-ng:

$WLANCTL $DEVICE dot11req_mibset \
        "mibattribute=dot11MACAddress=04:44:44:44:44:44"

$WLANCTL $DEVICE dot11req_mibset \
        "mibattribute=dot11StationID=04:33:33:33:33:33"

I have tried adding these parameters separately also.

>From debug, it appears that the correct code is being initiated.

in src/prism2/driver/prism2mib.c:

case DIDmib_dot11smt_dot11StationConfigTable_dot11StationID
case DIDmib_dot11mib_dot11OperationTable_dot11MACAddress

The call to hfa384x_drvr_setconfig returns success. However the values
are not being
modified.    Even though the address is not being modified when I try to
change
dot11MACAddress, the network becomes unreachable.

The documentation indicates that both fields are R/W.  However,  in file

p80211metamib.c, the item dot11MACAddress was listed as READONLY.  I
changed
the value of this to READWRITE but no luck.

Any help you could give me would be appreciated.  Any idea when there
might be a
new release of the driver?   I'm looking for additional capabilities
that might have already
been added.

Thanks,

Terry Podwika