List:       linux-wireless
Subject:    iwl3945: disassociating from current AP on rescan with kernels > 3.0
From:       "Mike Edenfield" <kutulu () kutulu ! org>
Date:       2011-12-29 22:46:48

After upgrading to a v3.0 kernel, my Intel wireless adapter stopped working
when used with any UI-based wpa_supplicant front-end that does periodic
scans, such as NetworkManager and wicd. Whenever the software asks for an AP
scan, the device disconnects from its current AP and blacklists it, making
it impossible to reconnect until I kill wpa_supplicant. If I manually
configure wpa_supplicant and launch it directly, the adapter stays
associated with the AP properly.

I was able to reproduct this behavior with kernel version 3.0.4, 3.1.4, and
3.1.5, but downgrading to 2.6.39 or lower solves the problem. I haven't seen
any other reports of this problem specific to 3.x -- did I miss some other
step I need to do when upgrading?