List:       linux-wireless
Subject:    Re: wl1271: power down/up sequence
From:       Joerie de Gram <j.de.gram () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-11-30 23:30:35

Hi Ohad,

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 10:59 PM, Ohad Ben-Cohen <ohad@wizery.com> wrote:
> Make sure you have CONFIG_REGULATOR_FIXED_VOLTAGE enabled, and please
> send us a full terminal log from boot to first error after applying
> the following patch:

The regulator is only enabled once. Equally, the MMC interface is
initialised only at boot, and remains untouched afterwards. It's
config doesn't change:

clock:		25000000 Hz
vdd:		7 (1.65 - 1.95 V)
bus mode:	2 (push-pull)
chip select:	0 (don't care)
power mode:	2 (on)
bus width:	2 (4 bits)
timing spec:	0 (legacy)

Full kernel log (rather large): http://130.89.163.61/dmesg

What concerns me is the regulator config - most boards seem to call
the fixed regulator vmmc, but I require VSIM as well to power the card
(which requires it to be labeled vmmc for the mmc subsystem?).

Joerie