List:       linux-vortex
Subject:    Re: Dead cards, need jump start SOLUTION
From:       "R. Bardarson" <ronb () powernet ! net>
Date:       1997-02-12 3:27:42

Thanks to all who pointed out my newbie error...it's probably a
cross-over cable that I don't have (yet) that is the problem.

Both the Ethernet HOWTO and several replies pointed out that a set of
pairs needed to be swapped in order for a pair of 10baseT ethernet
cards to communicate.  However, for 100 MHz operation, the another set
of pairs ALSO needs to be swapped.  The following URL has a clean
diagram of the necessary changes (for those who build cables).

   http://www.lnet.lut.fi/tekniikka/kaapelit.html